Saturday 24 February 2018

Walking Continued- Blogging Hesitated.

I am preparing a blog about my recent Coast to Coast walk, it's been a while since I wrote anything for this site although I have been on a few walks. In 2015 I completed what I thought would be my final long distance backpacking/camping walk-Hadrian's Wall. In fact I have been quoted as saying, as I rose from my tent on the final morning- "I am never b***** camping again!"  The following year I was as good as my word and we completed the Ridgeway staying at B&Bs.

My memory is not what it used to be and so I began planning another long distance 192 miles - this time due to it being a two week hike and the state of finances I had to go budget and carry my camping gear. My new found strength apported to the old back from countless exercises I was sure would get me through. Spoiler alert: It worked and I completed the whole thing on schedule and with minimal discomfort.

In the meantime I have 2 projects on the go- The Monarch's Way and Shakespeare's Avon Way, Both of these I plan to walk in sections- day hikes or weekends with the odd week thrown in on The Monarch's simply due to the distance I have to travel for the most Southerly section. You will be able to click on the links to the right in order to follow my progress on these.

Happy Walking!!


No comments:

Post a Comment