Thursday 19 August 2010

Illey Way

The Illey Way is a short walk of 4.5 miles through beautiful Worcestershire countryside. It joins Woodgate and Waseley Hills visitor centres and crosses meadows, green lanes and an old dismantled railway viaduct.
I did this walk on 18th August with John and his friend Ezzat, who has just been diagnosed with lung cancer and is building his fitness up to fight it. It was a nice way to test my feet and check the recovery process. I had a small amount of discomfort but nothing to worry about, I wore my running shoes rather than hiking boots to allow my feet to breathe.
Fin the dog covered at least three times the distance and kept disappearing, this was a bit nerve wracking, a few times I began to work out how I could explain to Gem that I had lost her dog. Buzz on the other hand stuck within a metre of me at all times and then couldn't walk for the rest of the day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment